Monday, April 13, 2009

Really large photo - Gawadar Panorama

I was talking to FS yesterday and he showed me a really large stitched photo that he took on his trip to Gawadar, Pakistan. It is a really nice snap but the problem is that it cannot be shared on any of the popular photo sharing platforms (Flickr, Picasa etc.). So we started looking for web controls that let you zoom and pan across large pictures. I stumbled upon a really nice Flash control by Zoomify. After 10 minutes of tinkering I got this:

Gawadar Panorama

It turned out to be pretty nice. Don't you just love the internet (age).

Anyway. Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Now I see why you were so excited. Looks good, like a small scale version of those GIGPAN images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Faraz: This is nice! I think it was the one you took from PC terrace.

    @Cube: Good searching skills, Zoomify did nice job.

    ReplyDelete